Shish Tawook is a traditional marinated chicken shish kebab of Middle Eastern cuisine. It’s easy healthy and quick and can be served for lunch or dinner.
- Boneless chicken/Chicken breasts diced 1/2 Kg
- Plain Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For Chimichurri Sauce:
- Coriander leaves a bunch
- Garlic cloves finely chopped 2-3
- Onion chopped 1/2
- White vinegar 1/4 cups
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried Oregano 1 tsp
- In a bowl add the diced chicken, mix in the yogurt with all the mentioned spices except salt.
- Marinate it well and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
- In a food processor mix in all the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce and blitz till well combined. Check the salt and adjust accordingly. Sauce is ready to serve.
- Bring out the chicken from the refrigerator and add salt to it mix well.
- Heat oil in a grill pan.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bamboo skewers and grill it on both sides well.
- Serve it in a plate with cherry tomatoes, coriander leaves and add the chimichurri sauce over the kababs.