As the name suggests, it’s indeed light, airy and fluffy. A perfect combination of a soft sponge and cheesecake. A gluten free decadent dessert to satisfy your taste buds !
- 125 g Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- 2 medium eggs or 3 small eggs separated
- 40 ml Vegetable Oil
- 60 ml Cold Milk
- 25 g Castor Sugar + additional 50 g
- 30 g Corn Flour sifted
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven for 150 Degree Celsius
- In a double boiler combine the cream cheese, 50 g sugar and oil and melt.
- Remove from heat and mix well.
- Add in the cold milk and whisk it well till you get a smooth mixture.
- Now one by one whisk in the egg yolks.
- Now add in the Corn flour and mix gently till no lumps remain.
- Add to this mixture lemon juice and vanilla essence.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites and remaining sugar till you get firm peaks.
- Now fold in the egg white mixture to the cake batter gently so that the air in whites remain intact.
- Line an 18 cm round pan with baking paper and lightly grease the side.
- Pour in the cake batter and tap it to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cake using water bath method* for about 80-90 minutes.
- Insert a wooden skewer to check if its cooked through.
- Let the cake cool down to room temperature on a cooling rack.
- Serve with whipped cream or as it is.
- Enjoy the light & airy delight.
*Water bath method means immersing the bottom of a cake pan or mould in hot water and baking it along. This gives a souffle texture to the cake.To do this take another oven proof vessel having a round bottom and slightly bigger than the cake mould. Fill 2/3 rd of it with hot water and immerse the cake mould in it. Do not over flow it else the water might get into the cake batter.