“Thali” in English means a large plate or platter in which you serve a wide selection of dishes or food. It means a round platter used to serve food. The idea behind a Thali is to offer all the 6 different flavors of sweet, salt, bitter, sour, astringent and spicy on one single platter. Dishes served in a Thali vary from region to region and are usually served in small bowls.
So me along with my friend Anum decided to try the Thali at the Fusion Restaurant Muscat, as they had newly introduced it in their Menu. Usually Thalis are unlimited which means they keep refilling your bowls, but at Fusion it was Limited. Fusion is a Multi Cuisine restaurant in Muscat.
Before I start with what all we had ordered I would like to comment that Fusion has a really warm and comfortable ambience that will really make you feel relaxed. Also the staff is very friendly and ready to help you out.
So let’s start with the Starters:
- We ordered traditional Chicken Momos for starters as it was also a new item on their menu and we thought to give it a try.
- It was served to us with a sweet chili sauce and we asked them for Szechwan Sauce.
- The Momos were quite good with really good chicken filling and served in the traditional bamboo steamer, a really good way of presenting.
- Though tad bit dry all and all it was good.
- The serving was also quite impressive which was ‘6’.
- I would rate this 7/10.
- I had ordered for the Vegetarian Thali.
- So my platter had from left, Sabudana (Sago) Kheer, Yoghurt Raita, Aloo Palak, Shahi Paneer, Daal, Salad, Pickle, Veg Cutlets, Papad and Naan, Also we were served buttermilk. They also served rice.
- The selection of gravy and curries was really good. I really loved the Shahi Paneer and also the cutlets.
- However we felt the Sabudana Kheer wasn’t really upto the mark.
- We were informed that they also change the items on their Thali regularly, so your taste buds wont get bored.
- Again I was quite satisfied with it.
- Rating 7/10.
- On the other hand Anum the Non veg Thali.
- So from Left we have Pickle, Chicken Tikka, Veg Cutlet, Salad, Daal, Fish curry, Butter Chicken Masala, Yoghurt Raita, Sabudana (Sago) Kheer, Papad and Naan.
- Again a really good combination of gravies. Enough to fill your stomach and make you feel content.
- The highlight of this Thali was the Butter Chicken Masala which was quite tasty and really had the authentic Butter Chicken taste to it.
- Overall a very good Thali.
- Rating 7/10
- The rice was served to us along with the Thali and it was presented really well.
- However the portion of rice might look really less on the plate but it was enough to fill up your stomach.
- Since we were not really content with the Sabudana (Sago) Kheer on our Thali we were offered Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Since I had a flu I requested them to serve me something else and as I mentioned above the staff were quite good and helpful, they offered Gulab Jamun.
- The Gulab Jamun was warm and decadent. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Final thoughts about my experience, It was very nice. Comfortable, peaceful environment and a good restaurant staff that’s what Fusion is about. Momos can improve. Do visit it and try their Thali. It is reasonable and the portion is good.
Final ratings: 7/10
You can follow them on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Fusion.Muscat/
or visit their website: http://www.fusionoman.net/
Do comment if you have liked my review or send me an email on email@example.com waiting to hear from you all.
HAPPY EATING !